Help a newbie please!

I’m getting ready to buy my first PWC. If it is not too much trouble, could you experts what you recommend and what to stay away from totally? It would be much appreciated. Can’t wait!

It depends on what your price range is and what you are looking at new or used

If this is your 1st Pwc I would not buy a supercharged pwc as your 1st one go with a naturally aspirated one. Another option is you can look on craigslist and see about buying a used one with very little hours on it . You can get them cheeper . But take it for a test before you buy . If you are gonna buy a new one a spark would not be a bad choice . Because they are entry level and they do not cost as much . Then see if you like it and practice backing the trailer around with your car or truck very important . And if you like to ride Jet Skis sell spark and upgrade . To a seadoo , Yamaha , Or Kawasaki . They are all good . But if you get a supercharged one there is expensive maintenance issues .

I bought the 2018 spark trixx as my first pwc. Its super fun and quick off the line. The extended vts is well worth the fun! It will hit 50-51 stock if your lucky and super calm waters or around 46-47 with passenger or choppy water. Downfalls are it is fairly unstable with 2 people on a 2up. Using the IBR over 40mph with someone on the back give you a REALLY good chance of swimming lol. Comes with no dry storage and the available storage bin is not water tight. The little “glove compartment” is totally useless and barely fits gloves or a pair of goggles. Even 1 water bottle wont fit unless you drink half and crush the bottle.
Good luck!!

The Seadoo superchargers don’t require much maintenance for a long time on newer models.