Impeller Selection Help

I Brought a 2016 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO new. I like to slalom and barefoot ski. My goal is a better hole shot with less cavitation while staying off the rev limiter. A top loader intake grate is the only performance enhancement at sea level. It pulls hard right up to the rev limiter upon take off until skier is up. If the RPM’s went higher would it pull harder or do you think I’m dealing more with cavitation? Either way, I’m considering a dual impeller system and need help with options and what to expect. I believe this unmodified 1.8 liter engine has enough power to do the job and think it should pull to end of its power band without “spinning out” when pulling a skier up. I’m looking for low end torque pump efficiency with top end speed not to drop below 60 mph. In the meantime, can the within tolerance stock impeller be bent a little without actually being removed from the shaft to get me by?

2018 seadoo wake pro 230
Stock

Looking at intake, tune, impeller

Didn’t receive notifications for this thread getting updated…have that issue fixed now.

SRZ 14/19 is what we used in our build. Hooks up great and definitely is an improvement.

https://www.pwcmuscle.com/solas-concord-14-19-impeller.html

I have a 2008 Yamaha FX-SHO, mods as follows
Worx Air Filter
Worx Exhaust
Worx intake grate
Worx Sponsons
Worx Intercooler and BOV
Worx Ribbon Delete
Pump is a 155mm
I am going to buy a Maptuner X and the Low Boost Supercharger Blade in the next 6 months.
I will use the Maptuner X to go to the 8000 rpm as I have read that the Motor can handle 8000 rpm with no problems or modifications to valves or fuel pump and such, I use 91 to 95 mainly 95 Ethanol blend fuel.
At present I need to replace the Impeller and Pump, am looking at Solas for both, I would like to know which Impeller would give me best hole shot as I am not to worried about top speed, I get 66mph now with two up.
I mainly use the Ski for pulling Skiers,wakeboard and Tubes.
I am 120KG and it cavitates now to pull me out of the water as it has wear.
Cheers from Boondall QLD :slight_smile: oh and Sea level only :slight_smile:

8000 RPM isn’t much over stock limiter, so you’ll be fine. I’d go 13/22 then and pitch it to your liking. Might be a bit tall starting out, but with the power you make you’ll be able to turn it.

https://www.pwcmuscle.com/solas-dynafly-13-22-r-series-yamaha.html

Joe

Have a 2017 Gp1800 with stage 1+ mods (IMUK, Power filter, Engine Breather upgrade, RIVA ride plate and Riva Intake).

Which impeller would be best the 13/18 or 13/20?

Thanks

I don’t see you mention a tune. Without a tune, go 13/20. With a tune, go 13/18.

Have the stage 1 8600 tune along with the cold air kit, Riva ride plate and intake grate, and IMUK.

Impellers.com shows the Solas 13/18 for $236.99. Can you price match that. I can send the page scan if that helps.

Sure can! We match the shipping as well, so it would be what you can actually check out for on their website. Go ahead and make the purchase on pwcmuscle.com, and reply to the emailed receipt. We will issue a refund for the difference!

2009 FZR SHO YAMAHA
AT 5000’
Also wondering if this machine will accept your plastic Impeller Wear Ring and if so how hard is the oem one to remove?

You can, but the OEM one is metal and is about $500 to replace. If there isn’t a real reason to change it, I wouldn’t.

If you have trouble hitting max RPM with this impeller, take a couple MM off to increase RPM. If you had an intake or tune you’ll be in a better power range for it.

https://www.pwcmuscle.com/solas-dynafly-13-22-r-series-yamaha.html

I have a 2003 seadoo gtx 185 with a catch can 4 inch kanaflex intake , free flow exhaust, opas block up, getting supercharger rebuilt and changing to aluminum pump, what impeller would be the best for me? Thanks

At any altitude or sea level?

Any altitude

Heh I really meant “are you at any altitude (ie; 5000ft)” vs “are you at Sea Level”.

This is the general impeller:
https://www.pwcmuscle.com/solas-concord-impeller-12-20.html

Take a couple MM off the trailer edge if at altitude.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and have an altitude of 1800ft. I know the stage 1 kit shows a 13/20. What is the major difference between a 12/20 and a 13/30? George

Just slightly different pitches. We’ve had good luck with the 12/20. The 13/20 is a little taller, but would still recommend the 12/20

Thank you and just placed an order from you for the 12/20 and I am also using your supercharger rebuild service. I appreciate all of your help. Thank you George

George, you’re certainly welcome! Thank you for the business