We have decided to put together this order of events for what to do if you are getting low power after a supercharger rebuild.
- Check the hose clamps to the supercharger! 9 times out of 10 this is the culprit in your lost top speed and RPM.
- Change out your spark plugs. 4Tecs are incredibly sensitive to their plugs.
- Check the oil level is correct. It needs to be between the marks, not at the top.
- Check the wear ring for issues, no more than a dime clearance.
- Check the intake grate to be sure that there isn’t anything stuck in it.
- Leak test your hoses. Water/Soap in a spray bottle can reveal boost leaks.
- Make sure your intercooler isn’t leaking water internally. You’ll have white smoke if it is.
- Any engine codes?
Supercharger issues won’t prevent a smooth idle, but will limit top speed to around 55 mph.
Let us know if you have any questions!