Which solas prop do I need

Hi I have a Seadoo GTR 215 2016. It has had a reflash. I was recommended by Solas to get a SRZ-CD 14/19 Impeller but it has done nothing for my top end speed. I was after an improvement on acceleration and top end speed. My ski was doing 109KPH with the stock prop, It now has better bottom end but only does 108KPH after the reflash and solas prop install (did them both at the same time). I was expecting a 7 - 10 KPH improvement but got nothing. I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia so I am at sea level. I have since been advised that I should have bought a 13/18 prop. Is this true, did I get a bum steer from solas? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

The low number is for Hole shot or take off and the upper number is for top end speed.
If you haven’t changed the RPM at all then it would be hard for me to see you gain up to 10kph from just changing the impeller.
A 13/18 would give you better take off and acceleration but wouldn’t give you a higher top speed as I think you would actually get a slower top speed by a couple K ?
Have you increased the Skis HP in any way other than a tune ?
Even if your reflash has allowed your engine to rev higher than standard but no improvement in HP then you need to see if your Ski is reaching the red line ?
I think I got this correct from information given to me in the past, I am sure some one will correct anything I may have said incorrectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply, I am just going by what the guy told me who did the ECU changes (and he has a good reputation around here). The ski now revs a bit higher from 8,000 to 8,250 rpm but my question is. If the Solas prop on a standard ski will give it 3-5 kph increase alone without the ECU upgrade. I surely should have had that at least so How and why is my ski not going any faster - that is my concern. I have also recently had my supercharger done with my 200hour service as recommended so it is not that it is slipping at high rpm. I just feel like a fool believing people who are supposed to be in the know and showing me nothing after shelling out nearly $1000. ($500 for the reflash and $450 for the prop)

I’d definitely recommend an air intake as well…they respond well to that.

You should have seen a few KPH more, but that isn’t traditionally a super fast hull for top speed. How many total hours do you have on your ski?